Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sex offenders throwing baseballs and living in houses....we're doomed!

So sometimes instead of freaking the fuck out over how many idiotic newspaper articles are printed on a daily basis over anything sex offender, I just have to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. Even better if the comments underneath the article call out the paper (or news station) for being pathetic and desperate. But sometimes there are those articles that even make me wonder, what sort of scenario are they trying to imply will happen as a result?

Hidden among the perpetual "check the registry!" crap, and overly zealous "check the registry!" crap if a child happens to be missing, are some gems that simply have to make one smile instead of scream.

1. Danger of a Different Kind - Firefighters Push to Keep Sex Offenders Out (WWNYTV news)

I say:



2. Man who threw out first pitch for 2014 season is a sex offender (Miami Herald)

I say:



3. Sex offender and law school grad denied Kentucky bar exam (Kentucky Kernel)

I say:


4. Special report: Stopping near sex offenders (NBC 14)

I say:


5. Special report: Inside the mind of a sex offender (CBS6 Albany)

I say:


Okay, that's enough for me for one day. I hope you've enjoyed your daily dose of sex offender satire, because God knows we need it to survive. 

And can we chat about something? PLEASE people, we need more shares and more comments. Otherwise the bad, slanderous links take over and no one gets to read my brilliant works! So could we up the sharing? Thank you, I appreciate it more than you could ever know! :)

One last little thing: some good news, since we need it. SUCK IT, Pennsylvania Adam Walsh Act!


2 comments:

  1. Very good Shana. Though I could completely see some ignorant people saying well you know that could happen... dumb! I love it. I just don't get how in society that the only type of abuse people seem to be scared of are sex offenders, when more than likely they are the last ones that will ever hurt your children. I'd have my kids around a sex offender a lot faster than I would someone who is physically abusive, a drug dealer, or murderer. Keep up the good work Shana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riotous....yes, we need to laugh at the inane, because we've certainly suffered enough punisment over it. Well done! I love ya Shana for the way you do what it is you do. And both admire and give thanks for your courage that backs your talent and intellect.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.